The Factory Cost Accounting Senior is responsible for ensuring all general and cost accounting activities are performed in accordance with regional accounting principles and policy; internal controls are properly established and being actively monitored; and financial reporting is complete, accurate and timely. He/she will ensure the oversight of controlling cost accounting record keeping in the other business functions and well as financial controls are adequate to safeguard from loss or other impropriety in inventory record keeping and labor/overhead usage.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Cost Accounting – Ensure that accounting and manufacturing functions that affect material, labor and cost center costs are organized and controlled. Ensure the propriety and accuracy of accounting records inclusive of the sub-ledger accounts and general ledger balance sheet and P&L. Ensure that all site-managed balance sheet accounts are understood and reconciled on a monthly basis. Ensure cost accounting completeness and accuracy of newly created parts (outside of annual Standard Cost Creation).
- Annual Standard Cost Creation – Lead the annual Standard Cost Creation process. Ensure cost accounting completeness and accuracy by institutionalizing a robust internal control structure to enable proper control over manufacturing rate calculation and cost determination/application to manufactured products.
- Annual Budget Process – Lead the annual site cost center budget process. Collaborate with cost center managers to create the total site budgets. Create site-specific deadlines to ensure regional timelines are achieved.
- Internal Controls – Ensure the ongoing control over assets is achieved by establishing a culture and environment where all functional departments (finance, sales, IT, customer service, etc.) provide strict adherence to Standards of Internal Control. The Cost Accounting Senior has the responsibility to develop or oversee the development of detailed desktop policies and procedures surrounding inventory control and valuation for all functional units; whereby, he/she also acts as the reference source and owner of all written policies for campus personnel. Lastly, and equally as important, the cost accounting function is responsible for ensuring accounting and reporting is complete, accurate and timely (including month-end close accounting). Maintain adequate reporting for key SOX controls. Provide support for internal and external audit requests.
- Partnership – Provide guidance and support to the management staff and all other functional activities performed in the factory as needed to ensure transaction processing, manufacturing accounting, annual Standard Cost updates, labor costing and overhead are understood. Deliver first-level support for Cary Campus operations team for all finance and accounting questions. Drive finance and operational process improvement across the site.
- Management Information Systems – Continual support of developing management reporting efficiencies. Train and delegate other resources to ensure accurate electronic transaction processing occurs in SAP and other software packages (materials requirement, quality, etc.).
- At least 3 years total experience inclusive of factory accounting and or financial analysis experience in a manufacturing assembly operation.
- Knowledge of standard cost setting, bill of materials creations, routing development. Standard cost setting includes material standards, labor calculation, overhead calculation and difference between variable, fixed and other manufacturing costs.
- Experience with analyzing variance analysis: purchase price, invoice price, labor, fixed and variable overhead, engineering changes, production orders etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and able to partner with key manufacturing, purchasing, R&D and logistics management on a daily basis.
- Highly motivated person who is willing to learn and be challenged by learning / spending time on the factory floor and with manufacturing management.
- Above average abilities with accounting ERP software, Microsoft Excel. Prior SAP experience a plus.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance required. Professional certification a plus.