Are you a Logistics Manager looking for a new opportunity? Solar Seal of CT is looking for an experienced hands on candidate to join the team to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the shipping & receiving department.
The qualified candidate is responsible for coordinating the activities of employees engaged in material handling, shipping, storage, and transportation. Input and verification of records of incoming and outgoing shipments as well as preparing items for shipment. These actions are a direct requirement of servicing customer sales orders and supporting factory production.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage staff - warehouse, loaders and drivers, ensuring compliance with all company safety practices and applicable regulations.
• Tracks and addresses trends in KPIs. Leads and develops action plans with management addressing location performance gaps.
• Team management: scheduling, validating Time-Off Requests, Performance Reviews, hiring, disciplinary actions, training and monitoring overtime.
• Develop shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
• Oversee shipping and receiving activities to ensure the methods and rules are followed by the team as well as all shipping and receiving is done in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure all goods are verified against shipping/receiving records - ensure deliveries, match orders in quantity and quality.
• Maintain all DOT records
• Maintain records relating to employee forklift certification.
• Insure all vehicles and equipment are working, safe and effective. Determine maintenance needs.
• Oversee cleanliness and building appearance of loading areas and warehouses to meet all compliance factors, i.e., GMP, OSHA.
• Responsible for ordering for packaging/shipping materials and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned
• 3 -5 years of demonstrated supervisory experience in a shipping/receiving environment using current technologies (e.g. barcoding)
• Knowledge of DOT regulations, local, interstate, federal (NHTSA) and tax rules
• Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates as necessary
• PC literate. Advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Fleet experience trucks and vehicles
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Spanish fluency a plus