Senior Software Engineer role on a large Application Development and Support team. This team is responsible for the development, enhancement, and support of a suite of applications built in a variety of technologies. This is a hands-on position which will require both breadth and depth in software development, as well as delivering technical solutions for complex projects.
Principal Responsibilities & Skills:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining numerous applications, online giving pages and interfacing with credit card applications.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining data integrations between CRM application and outside systems using flat files, ODBC connection, APIs, Endpoints etc.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining ETL processes to expand an existing Data Warehouse.
• This position is responsible for content management of numerous AYA and Office of Development websites.
• Ability to design efficient interfaces using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Highly experienced in Microsoft stack.
• Strong SQL Server 2014(and above) and T-SQL programming skills.
• Highly experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Strong experience in BI tools like Tableau.
• Experience in Database Design, Development and administration.
• Programming experience using Blackbaud's Infinity Platform SDK is a big plus.
• Strong experience in Service Oriented Architecture and creating/publishing end-points.
• Experience in VB and C# programming.
• Expertise in Object Oriented Programming and design.
• Understanding of Web Service technologies, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and experience in web service development using SOAP services.
• Ability to build new systems utilizing Open Source tools and technologies like Ruby on Rails.
• Knowledge of Drupal administration.
• Some experience in Unix/Linux/Perl Scripting.
• Ability to work in a team of highly skilled technical developers.
• Capable of taking valuable input from experts and adjust design to incorporate those inputs.
• Adjusts readily to multiple demands by shifting priorities; ability to multi-task.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, with thorough attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.