Mechanical Design Engineer
Be part of a small team that enjoys what they do, and experience the excitement of seeing your work featured in print, web, and television ads! Woodland Power Products is looking for an experienced design engineer to add new horsepower to both new product design and existing product support efforts.
Woodland Power Products designs, manufactures, and markets outdoor power equipment, sold factory-direct to homeowners and contractors throughout North America. To see what we do, please visit our web site at CycloneRake.com.
Our in-house engineering team has a hand in every step of the product lifecycle. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and define new product concepts
- Create 3D designs and detailed drawings
- Develop test equipment and procedures
- Aid in prototype fabrication and testing
- Develop manufacturing fixtures, jigs, and workstations
- Aid in creating technical manuals
- Continuously support and improve products already in production
- Provide technical support for manufacturing and customer service teams
- Up to 10% travel, domestic and overseas
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years in design of mechanical products for the consumer market
- Proven track-record of creative problem solving
- Experience with SolidWorks part and assembly design, detailed drawing creation, and file management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including sheet metal fabrication, tube bending, welding, and plastics molding
- Experience estimating production costs; establishing, following, and tracking project timelines
- Hands-on experience with and interest in outdoor power equipment
- Machine shop or other hands-on experience is highly desired
Woodland offers a casual and enjoyable small-company work environment, competitive salary, matched 401k, and an excellent medical plan.
No agencies and local candidates only please!