Benefits Analyst- Health & Welfare
Avangrid seeks an experienced Benefits Analyst - Health & Welfare for its corporate office in Orange, CT. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
As Benefits Analyst - Health & Welfare, you will be responsible for managing administration, operation, design, funding, and compliance activities. Including planning, analyzing information, writing business cases, and making recommendations for improvements, changes, and effective cost control. Participate in internal strategic planning to improve benefit programs, processes, and service quality for internal/external customers. Develop, maintain, and use electronic databases as tracking and reporting systems. Ensure legal compliance and provide expertise to help achieve strategic benefit objectives.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of health and welfare programs for AVANGRID employees/retirees.
- Collaborate with carriers/vendors/brokers to ensure continuous enhancement of these benefits, including responding to questions, resolving conflicts, and reviewing contracts.
- Assist with resolution of escalated benefit issues or adjustments under plan documents, vendor contracts, regulations, and/or requirements, making recommendations regarding process, procedure, program, document, compliance, or communication improvements for efficiency and/or cost control.
- Use, maintain, and improve databases/web applications to manage employee, usage, and billing data associated with these programs. Analyze data for trends, write reports, and produce ad-hoc reports. Collect and disseminate data as requested. Interface with vendors as required. Use data for program maintenance, recommendations, and business case development.
- Ensure compliance (ERISA, IRS, ACA, HIPAA, SOX, CBAs, etc.) by reviewing, drafting, maintaining, and timely distributing required documents and employee communications such as plan documents, SPDs, notices, contracts, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting and/or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of in-depth employee benefit experience in health and welfare.
- Demonstrated experience/ knowledge of benefit laws, regulations, and legal requirements (e.g. ERISA, IRS, HIPAA, ACA, etc.).
- Experience involving direct employee/retiree communications, labor contract administration, and project management preferred.
- Familiarity with HR best practices for the administration of health and welfare plans and related compliance.