Chief Operating Officer - Attorney
We are seeking an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut with experience leading the daily operations of a law firm, preferably a personal injury firm.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership, management, and vision to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency consistent with the strategic objectives of the firm.
- Ensure that the proper operational controls, administrative procedures, and staff are in place to effectively grow the organization
- Actively participate in the development, communication, and implementation of effective strategies
- Provide the CEO with timely, complete reports on the operating condition of the firm
- Use a respectful, constructive approach to motivate, mentor, and lead a high-performance management team
- Interact will all staff members to foster a success-oriented, accountable environment
- Represent the firm in an ethical manner with clients and business partners.
- Ensure all work and activities comply with legal methods, general duty care, and management.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Collaborate and oversee the operational team to develop, implement, and evaluate the plans and processes to meet the objectives of the firm
- Effectively partner with the leadership team to implement and monitor long and short term strategic plans and day-to-day operational needs
Primary Qualifications Include:
- JD and admission to the CT Bar
- Minimum 10 years' executive level experience in a mid-large organization
- Proven record of positions with increasing responsibility and accomplishment
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive working relationships
- Sound business acumen with highly developed financial and analytical abilities
- Experience developing, implementing, communicating and evaluating strategic operational plans and goals
- Day-to-day leadership and management behavior reflecting the mission and core values of our firm (Champion, Innovation, Accountability)
- Experience overseeing operational, service, and corporate level departments
- Ability to work from Milford, CT with regular travel to our other locations (Bridgeport, North Haven, Waterbury, New Britain, and Hartford)