The Branch Director of First Impressions is responsible for answering and routing all incoming telephone calls for the branch. The person in this position is the first person to greet visitors, determine the visitor's nature of business and direct the visitor to the proper destination. This person also provides branch clerical support as time allows. This position is located in our Wallingford, CT branch.
- Promptly answers telephone and directs the caller by using the switch board to forward the call to the appropriate associate in a friendly manner resulting in a pleasant, efficient experience for the caller.
- Greets, welcomes and directs visitors to the appropriate TTI Representative by speaking to and inquiring with the visitor with relevant questions pertaining to the visit which ensures that the visitor is receiving the highest customer service.
- Takes accurate messages and delivers to the appropriate person in a timely manner either by utilizing email correspondence or a paper record to track the details of the call ensuring precise communication.
- Disperses incoming interoffice and postal mail for the branch employees daily by receiving and sorting the correspondence and delivering to the correct person efficiently and effectively.
- Organizes outgoing postal mail for daily pick-up, and weekly corporate interoffice mail by sorting and packaging for the appropriate carrier resulting in efficient correspondence time.
- Assist Sales by checking open orders and confirmations by checking the Express system to verify correct information is in the system (i.e. P.O. numbers, ship dates and totals) which helps the Sales person to focus on heavier priority items.
- Coordinates and organizes office supplies by being the point of contact for ordering, receiving, stocking and distributing, which helps to manage cost for these items.
- Completes other related clerical duties such as order entry, copying, collating, faxing, and filing which assist Branch Management to be organized and run an efficient business.
Responsible for maintaining a clean reception area/front desk by keeping the area neat, organized and tidy, ensuring visitors first impression of TTI is excellent.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Six months to one year of related work experience preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
Knowledge of the telephone system and the ability to utilize its functional ability efficiently and effectively.
Pleasant speaking voice along with demonstrated telephone etiquette and effective oral communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications at the basic level preferred.
Ability to type 35 words per minute preferred.
Ability to use 10-key preferred.
Possess strong interpersonal skills.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.Company Description Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, TTI, Inc. is the world's leading authorized distributor of passive, connector, electromechanical and discrete components. Just celebrating its 46th anniversary, this Berkshire Hathaway company is ever growing and has over 100 locations in North America, Europe and Asia! Join a winning team in a growing global organization!