Device Engineering Manager
Category Engineering - ManufacturingMore information about this jobOverview
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Our clienty, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Device Engineering Manager in Cheshire, CT.Responsibilities
- Responsible for full product development life cycle.
- Provide technical leadership in Embedded Digital Design and System Architecture for IoT products.
- Manage hardware, firmware and test engineering teams.
- Develop and manage master engineering schedule to include hardware, software, mechanical and test.
- Responsible for staffing, schedules, project status and employee assignments.
- Work cooperatively in a multi-discipline team environment with other managers and engineers to develop and execute on overall plans, assess issues/problems and develop solutions to achieve on-time commitments.
- Negotiate and manage consultants, outsourcing partners, and co-development projects with attention to customer and product requirements, interfaces, schedules, budgets and all relevant documentation.
- Lead functional excellence with the development of new technologies that enable higher performance and faster development time.
- Develop and advocate for engineering best practices within the team.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- 8-10 years of experience Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience with Software Development
- 2-4 years of technical project management experience
- 8-10 years of experience with Altrium or other CAD programs.
- 8-10 years of experience with developing products
- Experience acquiring product certifications
- Experience in gas industry devices is a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. MSEE, MSCS or Masters in a technical field is a plus
- Team player able to work well with others in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Self-starter who consistently demonstrates accountability and dedication to all team members.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to get things done, and a willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.Additionally, you may also call Human Resources at: , ext.101 for assistance.Go back to the welcome pageApplication FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.