Our client located in Wallingford is looking for an experienced HR professional with responsibility for multiple activities related to Human Resources, including; recruiting, benefits and workers' compensation administration.
- Administers insurance benefit programs. This includes: conducting benefits orientations, processing benefits changes, answering team member questions, coordinating the open enrollment process.
- Administers workers' compensation programs. Responds to any legal matters related to workers' compensation.
- Administers FMLA and short-term disability leaves.
- Performs exit interviews and processes all team member terminations.
- Recruits and interviews candidates for vacancies as assigned. Drafts or revises job descriptions as needed. Conducts team member onboarding.
- Maintains and updates affirmative action plan
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and regulations by carrying out various administrative functions related to FAA, EEO, AA and VEVRAA
- Assists in developing and implementing human resource policies.
- Assists with management with team member relations and performance management issues.
- Creates and conducts training programs related to Human Resources.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.*
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director
" BA in Business, Human Resources or similar
" Minimum 5 years HR generalist experience
" Thorough knowledge of insurance plans and the laws governing these plans
" Knowledge of worker's compensation procedures and laws
" Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
" Ability to multitask, meet deadlines
" Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
" Ability to maintain confidential information
" Excellent communication skills, including public speaking ability
" Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with team members at all levels