Maintenance Technician (Electrician)
Somers Thin Strip, a division of Olin Brass (NYSE: BRSS), manufactures and markets a wide range of specialty high-performance light gauge strip and ultra-thin foil metals including copper and copper alloys, nickel alloys, and stainless steel. We serve global end use markets such as energy, consumer electronics, automotive and building & construction.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician - Electrician at our plant in Waterbury, Connecticut.Responsibilities
- Detect and report faulty operations as well as unusual machine conditions.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Wear appropriate PPE (personal protective Equipment) as described in the appropriate JSP (job safety practice).
- Read, understand, and follow all Job Instructions Specific to the equipment.
- Perform repairs and installation of electronic equipment working from schematics, wiring diagrams, and floor layouts.
- Diagnose and plan repairs to equipment while minimizing equipment downtime.
- Diagnose problems in conventional & electronic circuits as well as system control logic.
- Program drives and PLC?s & adjust parameters as needed to achieve optimum performance.
- Make periodic checks on electrical equipment such as breakers, bearings and commutators.
- Replace and repair various pumps, valves, fittings, etc and Work with other trades as needed to as needed to maintain maximum uptime.
- Perform various Machine Preventative maintenance actives such as greasing, light mechanical work, check temperature, pressures, and flow-rates.
- Perform similar or related responsibilities as required. Perform as needed other maintenance trades where skills can be applied.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/VeteranSDL2017