Accountant & Assistant Controller
The Accountant and Assistant Controller is responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial data critical to the operation of our company. S/he will handle the full cycle of accounting duties as a Full Charge Bookkeeper,
The person will delve deeply into the general ledger, preparing journal entries for all accounts, including fixed assets and depreciation, running trail balances to verify the general ledger accounts are in balance and making any necessary adjusting journal entries.
This person is an integral member of our business team; will have an entrepreneurial spirit, works independently as well as in close coordination with our Controller CFO and President/CEO.
The successful candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter, with strong communication skills and expertise with accounting and accounting software, ideally with Sage or MAS 90.
We are certified & audited by an independent outside accounting firm.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions through GL using Sage 100 (MAS-90) accounting software
?? Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts and Income Statements on a monthly basis to detailed subledger
- Fulfill regular and periodic reporting requirements for banks, government compliance, our CPA Firm, and other parties as required
- Maintain daily cash controls and reconciliation of bank statements
- Prepare daily cash receipts
?? Prepare regular and periodic cash flow statements working with Controller and CFO (?)
- Management of the AP process: from entering invoices to check disbursements, ACH, and Wires, including 1099's
?? Responsible for recording monthly Received Goods Not Invoiced
- Administer attendance records and payroll
- Oversee HR, insurance, 401K and benefit programs
- Support Management on administering Government programs
- Oversee all files and financial records
- Ensure timely payments on all past due AR and post daily cash
- Create and maintain various reports to be used by management
- Oversee monthly and quarterly AR, AP, GL closings
?? Prepare supporting documents for budgets working with Controller and CFO
?? Prepare monthly reforecasts working with Controller and CFO
- Formal training and minimum 5-years experience in full-charge bookkeeping. Degree or certification in accounting desirable
- Experience with accounting software; Sage 100, MAS-90/200 experience highly-desirable
?? Experience processing and administering weekly payroll
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Word
- Good organization, problem-solving and communications skills
- Self-starter, Proactive, Resourceful, Punctual, Ethical, Honest, Mature, Positive Attitude, Team Player
- Must Maintain Confidentiality
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, Personal and Holidays, Generous 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Description Hiring company is Xamax Industries, an inventive company that creates customized engineered material layers of nonwovens, technical paper, fibers, labimates and cotton for industrial and consumer markets. We provide innovative, engineering-driven, patent protected solutions for manufacturers of thermoset & thermoplastic structures, electrical wire and cable, personal care and interleaving products.
Also, Xamax provides value-added coating, laminating, pigmenting and printing services along with converting capabilities (rewinding , slitting and spooling); all customized to meet individualized process and performance requirements. It is an ISO certified organization
Xamax has global customers and suppliers and is based in Seymour Connecticut.