SR STATISTICAL ANALYST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the direction of the Director and Statistical Analyst Manager of CORE to provide comprehensive statistical support for multiple clinical and epidemiology studies of quality of care and outcomes research, including managing and integrating data from various sources, developing analytic plans for research projects, conducting analyses, presenting the results, and preparing the results for publication. We are looking for individuals who desire to contribute to the design and analysis of our research projects and seek substantive scientific and statistical responsibilities and contributions.
- 1. Work as part of an integrated team of researchers, biostatisticians, programmers and staff to identify testable hypotheses, devise suitable statistical analysis plans, and carry out statistical analyses, summarize and present findings to investigators.
- 2. Summarizes results, prepares presentations and writes technical reports for CORE projects.
- 3. Assists other research professionals with carrying out comprehensive statistical analyses and contributes to publications and presentations in scientific journals and meetings.
- 4. Help investigators in preparation of research grant applications by writing research methods sections pertaining to acquisition, analysis, relevance and validity of data. Integrate the research methodologies of multiple projects into biostatistical analyses.
- 5. Develop and implement relevant statistical programs to incorporate data from multiple projects, work with others to assess validity and reliability of methods, research relevant literature and consults with outside experts and agencies and recommend the appropriate analytic plan for CORE projects.
- 6. Manages datasets in accordance with data use agreements and YNHH CORE data management and security procedures.
Master's degree with experience in public health, biostatistics, or related field required, Ph.D. degree preferred.
Three (3) - five (5) years experience in data management and analysis including database design, statistical data analysis and reporting of clinical research studies and/or quality improvement projects. Experience in managing and analyzing large datasets using a variety of software packages such as SAS, R, WinBugs, and STATA. Publishing history as co-author and primary data analyst preferred. Experience with Medicare/Medicaid Claims data (CMS data) strongly desired.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical and computer skills.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.