RESEARCH PROJECT COORDINATOR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates and participates in the planning, data collection and data analysis for multifaceted research projects in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation. Conducts structured or semi-structured interviews and administers psychometric surveys in support of research projects of varying magnitude and complexity. Conducts research by developing protocols for the collection of data and designing data collection instruments. Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure the efficient and accurate collection and processing data. Composes status reports and analysis related to the study. Participates in writing grant proposals and HIC applications. Manages project budget and timelines. Supervises non-exempt research staff. Functions as project leader or coordinator of research project.
- 1. Oversees, coordinates and assesses the day-to-day operation of the research projects. Coordinates and trains staff.
- 2. Oversees the planning of the study; establishing goals and objectives; training requirements; productivity goals and financial parameters.
- 3. Indicates and coordinates public awareness and information on the studies.
- 4. Coordinates and conducts regular meetings with staff, principal investigators and the study collaborators to ensure that the goals and objectives are met.
- 5. Makes final determination on the eligibility of a study subjects for the research project. Decides on interview schedules, interviewing methods and coordinates all on-going research studies. In conjunction with Principal Investigator, develops protocols for collection of data for research projects; designs data gathering instruments and related procedures; tests, refines and finalizes instruments for use in the research study.
- 6. Designs and develops logs, files, records, questionnaires and other related materials to obtain data and maintain records.
- 7. Determines procedures for data collection which are consistent with outside organizations and the research projects.
- 8. Prepares Human Investigation Committee applications and reapprovals.
- 9. Ensures the appropriateness of research protocols and interviewing techniques. Monitors quality of data collection and interviews.
- 10. Ensures the adherence to regulations established by the federal government, pharmaceutical companies, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University and outside agencies.
- 11. Prepares documents for various agencies and internal committees for approval of new studies or reapproval of existing studies.
- 12. Supervises and coordinates research data which includes the collection, verification and processing of data from study subjects.
- 13. Prepares study reports utilizing a variety of computer software packages including MS Work, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access and MS Visio.
- 14. Monitors the study budget and resources utilized and reports regularly to supervisor.
- 15. Reviews with principal investigator study results to ensure the validity of the research projects.
- 16. Interacts with internal contacts such as research staff; principal investigators; clinical staff; administrators; various Yale-New Haven Hospital and Yale University departments; and Directors to discuss and collaborate on research issues; and to design, develop, and coordinate research plans, techniques and methodology for research study.
- 17. Interacts with external contacts such as staff at participating hospitals; principal investigators at other institutions; extended care facilities; funding agencies; various government agencies and vendors to solicit information and consult on methodologies for the research study.
Bachelors degree in public health, nursing, healthcare or related field.Masters degree preferred.
A minimum three (3) years experience in a research capacity or related experience indicating ability to communicate with people, to work with minimal supervision, to conduct and coordinate research studies, to work with a variety of computer software programs, and to be receptive to variety of duties to support projects.
Comprehensive knowledge of research methodology and protocols and survey methods. Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies involving human subjects. Comprehensive knowledge of computer software to support research project. Well developed oral and written communication, statistical, organizational, analytical, and interviewing skills. Supervisory and training skills.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.