Do you have prior experience in Aerospace manufacturing? Are you able to handle the day-to-day issues with product quality? Would you like to be a part of a company that has the capabilities that lead to a true manufacturing partnership and who is committed to the value-added services?
Our client has a history that spans more than 70 years and they have built a reputation as a leader in precision manufacturing and systems integration in aerospace.
We are seeking Quality Engineers who have the ability to provide technical support to the Manufacturing department in the form of problem solving and process improvement activities. The right candidate will be comfortable relating to all levels of personnel both internally and externally with customers.
Key Performance Objectives:
1) Manufacturing process problem solving
2) Create in-process check sheets for manufacturing
3) Internal Quality Management System auditing
4) Create final inspection check sheets for inspection
5) Minimize waste by working with internal teams and external supplier's engineering and manufacturing representatives by driving process improvements.
5) Other duties as assigned within the Quality department
1) 3 to 5 years relevant quality or manufacturing experience with specific knowledge of AS9100, ACE, PPAP, FAI forms and processes is highly preferred.
2) Proficient in GD&T.
3) Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint and understanding of MRP systems.
4) Understanding of or aptitude to understand Quality Management Systems requirements.
5) Attention to detail and accuracy in time pressure situations is critical.
6) Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering / Technology
7) Aerospace and/or precision machining experience preferred.
8) Previous experience within manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement is preferred
9) Relevant background in Lean, Six Sigma principles (Green-belt or Black-belt certification is highly preferred)
10) U.S. Permanent Resident status or U.S. Citizenship requiredCompany Description Our client is a successful precision machining aerospace business that has been a leader in precision manufacturing and systems integration for more than 70 years. They have several locations throughout the Eastern states of the US and are still growing to accommodate the increasing demands in this industry.