Academic Instructor- Mathematics
The Academic Instructor -Mathematics Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a positive and desirable learning atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
- Responsible for adequate classroom preparation, and classroom management, lesson plans and other documents as needed
- Maintains student personnel folders, and monthly student reports.
- Records daily attendance, AWOLs and system passes as necessary to the Records area.
- Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
- Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken and equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
- Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations.
Minimum: High School graduate or equivalent. One-year experience Bachelor's degree in Education. State certification is required. Certification may be waived by Region Office if center is unable to hire certified teachers. Must pursue certification.
Preferred: One year in a teaching capacity with disadvantaged youth.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of required subject area, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, excellent organizational skills, must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification, ability to motivate and inspire students, ability to effectively relate to student populatione
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of "Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment."
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 ( k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Will work 8hr. shifts, May be required to work other varied hours.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex ( including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Bolter at ( 888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.