Electrical Engineering Automation Manager
We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Automation Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will manage, plan and perform engineering, design, maintenance, and other technical and administrative tasks involved in the development and improvement of new and existing automated assembly equipment as well as all other production equipment, products, and processes
Primary Technical Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for all production equipment within the plant to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Design, develop, and modify control systems for prototype, new and existing production equipment.
- Program, configure, and troubleshoot Human Machine Interface (HMI) devices and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) for automated equipment.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to support cost improvement projects by optimizing machine and equipment efficiencies.
- Manage projects and monitor the status of all elements affecting the outcome of the program, including costs, timing, and performance.
- Understand specifications (corporate and plant), standards, and local and/or national electric codes for use in designing hardware schematics and software programs.
- Check/Construct electrical schematic packages by laying out I/O, designing magnetic circuits, fusing, control panels, bill of materials and cable layouts.
- Research, develop and customize software structure and writing logic from scratch.
- Perform commissioning and debugging for intermediate to complex machine applications.
- Identify system performance measures and the actions needed to make improvements.
- Develop new product and process specifications and test methods for new and existing equipment.
- Conduct tests on new designs and equipment.
- Train and mentor members of the electricalengineering team and skilled trade personnel.
Environmental, Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment designs meet or exceed all EPC safety requirements.
- Follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
- Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors and for the protection of facilities. This includes use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment/devices, guarding, as well as safe work practices.
- Immediately report every job-related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a team leader/supervisor.
- Assist in investigating accidents, as directed by your supervisor.
- Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
- Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
- Review and become familiar with the contents of the SHARP Manual.
- Review Material Safety Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
- Maintain work area in a safe condition by ensuring the work area is clean and orderly.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
- Ensure equipment performs to validated quality protocols.
- Colleagues are responsible for their own quality and that of colleagues within their span of control.
- Colleagues are responsible to follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
- Notify supervision for corrective action, if and when, defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing support and/or design of automated assembly control systems and devices .
- Expert level EE fundamentals and principles of manufacturing knowledge
- Proficiency in HMI and PLC programming and associated application software
- Detailed knowledge of servo, vision and data collection systems
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities, electrical, and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and technical writing skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
Preferred: Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens controls systems, and solid experience with Vision systems. for use in high speed automated quality inspection systems
Working Relationships & Environment
- Reports to Director Engineering
- Key relationships internally will include Quality Engineering and Manufacturing.