Sales HVAC Service
About the Position We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join our Service and Small Projects Division.
Primary Function To generate new sales and to expand revenues from existing customers such that sales goals and objectives for the department are achieved.
- Assist the Vice President of Service Operations in developing personal yearly sales goals and objectives. Assist in the preparation of a budget.
- Assist the Vice President of Service Operations in developing sales strategies in order to achieve personal sales goals and objectives.
- Work with the Vice President of Service Operations and Service Manager to formulate a personal action plan which will include target customer groups, client needs and product features/benefits, method of initial customer contact, effective presentations, closing and follow up.
- Maintain sales records sufficient to monitor personal sales performance relative to established goals/objectives.
- Attend and actively participate in sales meetings.
- Maintain a sales log and ensure effective time utilization.
- Inform the Vice President of Service Operations on a timely basis of situations or problems to the closing of a sale which requires assistance from the Vice President of of Service Operations.
- Inform the Service Operations of competitor information where applicable.
- Fill out the required paperwork in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Communicate the specific agreements and conditions of sale to the appropriate operations personnel accurately and completely.
- Abide by the company rules and policies.
- Emphasize service contracts as the number one priority versus other categories of service sales within guidelines developed by the Vice President of Service Operations.
- Contact all new equipment customers through leads provided by the Contract Dept.
- Visit existing contract customers as specified by the Vice President of Service Operations.
- Assist the Service Manager with service contract renewals and upgrades as required.
- Pursue existing time and material customers for the purpose of converting to service contract.
- Assist the Service Manager in up???selling and add???ons for customers as required.
- Generate new business by making a certain number of cold calls as~directed by the Vice President of Service Operations.
- Submit sales leads for non???service work to Vice President of Service Operations on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Vice President of Service Operations.
- Be part of an established goal setting program both long and short term for both the company goals and personal steps to the main goal.
General Requirements Education: High school diploma; would prefer some advanced education or technical training
- Minimum 10 years working in the sales industry preferably in the HVAC or construction field
- Must be highly organized with excellent planning skills
- Ability to accurately and quickly organize documents
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be professional and articulate
- Must demonstrate proven ability to work on a team
- Must be appropriately and neatly dressed for a business environment
Compensation & Benefits Sarracco Mechanical Services offers a competitive salary and commission plan along with excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, flexible spending account, vision care coverage, 401K, paid time off, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a professional working environment.
EOE/M/FCompany Description At Sarracco Mechanical Services, Inc., experience shows in the details, like getting an employee on the phone when you need help 24/7/365. And in the full attention we give to every project large and complex, or small and simple and to every customer relationship.
Sarracco Mechanical Services is the company most often recommended to design, build, renovate and maintain HVAC, M&E, and SECURITY SYSTEMS across Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York.