Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Machining Process Engineer-
Our client, a precision machined components supplier for aerospace is looking for experts in the field of processing machined metal components for aerospace products.
A top candidate will have at least 10 years' experience with machined metal components in aerospace, with an understanding of AS9100 requirements, high precision machining equipment, speeds and feeds and knowledge on how to optimize manufacturing steps to produce parts effectively and efficiently.
If you have this background, contact us right away. Our client is growing and expanding and needs talented people who are willing to be part of their team focused culture.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Prepare parts and assembly drawings by being able to look at customer finished parts (via a 2D or 3D model) and reverse engineer into raw material and process design options.
- Investigate, advise, and resolve engineering or design-related problems that occur with machining metal components.
- Prepare engineering change requests/notices.
- Ensure the manufacturability of all parts and assemblies designed by conducting thorough dimensional analysis of parts and assemblies.
- Participate in field trials or product improvements to validate design changes.
- U.S. Permanent Resident status or U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Associate's degree or equivalent knowledge to allow understanding of higher math and advanced geometry.
- Has a broad knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities for the purpose of properly routing precision components.
- An understanding of Unigraphics- NX 8.0 or higher is required
- Previous experience with modeling and/or using vertical and horizontal milling and lathe machines
- An understanding of the time it takes to run parts, including set up and adjustments in order to produce accurate quotes on products
- Some supervisory experience is a plus
- Aerospace or Industrial Gas Turbine power experience is required
- Previous experience within manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Quality Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement is preferred