Clinical Research Associate - Monitor
Our client is seeking CRA's to advance breakthrough discoveries through the support of nearly 200 clinical trials within 2 dozen disease units. This clinic-based Clinical Research Assistant (CRA) will provide direct clinical and data management support related to the conduct of clinical trials and the collection and reporting of study-related clinical data for clinical studies within the assigned disease team or area. Through the use of independent judgment and high-level decision-making, the CRA will extract, record, and disseminate treatment-related information for reporting and monitoring by the clinical research team and study sponsors.
- Research and collect data through site or home visit intakes; library research; structured interviews; or through other means for research projects.
- Interpret, synthesize, and analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Modify and plan research experiments, procedures, tests, or survey instruments.
- Assists in research design.
- Write and edit material for publication and presentation.
- Report on status of research activities.
- Oversee and instruct research and support staff on technical procedures, equipment operation, and laboratory maintenance.
- Schedule and coordinate research activities. Identify and recruit study participants.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies.
- May assist in preparing financial information and monitoring budgets.
- Additional functions incidental to study activities.
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences or allied health; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two years of related work experience in a clinical study support function.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Excel, Word, and competence with electronic medical databases.
- Proven ability to coordinate patient/study participant care from the recruitment phase through off treatment and follow-up phase. This coordination may require the scheduling and verification of appointments.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and accurately abstract, create, and maintain a study participant's research record ensuring all required data is collected, source verified, and entered into sponsor databases.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently (self-motivated) or as part of a team
- Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality and manage a broad variety of duties and shifting priorities in a changing environment and to be organized and meticulous with details.
- Experience coordinating, planning or working in a high volume multi-task setting.
- Knowledge of Oracle software, Medidata Rave, EPIC, and OnCore. Knowledge of federal regulations for HIPAA and IRB. Experience working in a Clinical Trials setting preferred. Oncology experience preferred.
- Certification as a Clinical Research Associate or Clinical Research Professional (ACRP or SOCRA preferred).
At HumanEdge, we create great hiring experiences for candidates and clients alike. We do it by applying our skills, energy, integrity and understanding of both individual needs and market forces to make the right match for all types of positions, including traditional contract assignments, career-changing direct searches, and freelance gigs. We know that you're more than a skill set and cluster of job experiences -- you're a whole person with big dreams and ambitions. When you work with us, you partner with a firm committed to helping drive your success with ongoing support, guidance, and tangible opportunities. For over 30 years we've helped candidates like you make the right move in a wide array of industries and variety of positions