Cost Accountant - Aerospace, Manufacturing
*Cost Accountant -
Must have earned a Bachelor's Degree to be considered.
Must have Cost experience.
Cost Accountants work under the supervision of the Senior Accounting Supervisor. They maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Many cost accountants are also responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Reconcile Research and Development transactions monthly.
- Responsible for reports related to quarterly excess and slow moving inventory review.
- Assist the Business Units in developing procedures to assure proper financial recording of manufacturing transactions.
- Generate internal financial reports and statistical data as required to all departments, using defined guidelines.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to both management and co-workers in analyzing budget variances in their respective cost center reports.
- Analyze and report monthly operational performance including scrap, productivity, inventory balances, inventory adjustments, product margin, and labor & burden variances.
- Analyze profit and loss statements and research variances.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly internal financial package.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Perform internal audits.
- Analyze Gross profit by customer/product.
- Assist in month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Review and reconcile inventory, WIP, Finished Goods, Raw Material, and goods in transit.
- Review and analyze cycle count accuracy and develop internal procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Develop cost modeling and analysis for use in supporting and reviewing Product Manufacturing rationalization.
- Review and analyze quarterly pricing rates.
- Support Customer pricing audits during the Bid and Proposal process.
- Complete training requirements as directed.
- Perform Monthly Price Analysis
- Perform CIP and Fixed Asset Reconciliation
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Participate in training as required
- Must be able to actively engage with employees, supervisors, and other mangers on the floor.
- Must be a "US Person" as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
- Domestic and International Travel up to 35%.
- Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with monthly financial package. Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years' experience. Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Manufacturing ERP system.
- Skilled in verbal communication of work related information using tact and diplomacy.
- Required to have a high level of confidentiality. Must be extremely trustworthy.
- Physical Demands :
- Required to sit for long periods of time. Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work in an office and manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none to the point of being disagreeable.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, climbing, bending, and moving about the facility. AAP/EEO Statement Subject to change with or without notice.
- HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
HARCO has consistently achieved double-digit growth over the past decade. One of HARCO's greatest strengths is our endless commitment to provide customers with innovative product solutions and continuous support. The owners of HARCO have historically made a major commitment to invest more than 50% of the company's earnings into Research & Development. This has resulted in significant innovations such as a metal matrix composite branded as SIMx for high-temperature applications and our Magneto-Optical Sensors for position sensing. Research & Development has also positioned HARCO to secure patents for several leading-edge technologies