Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical
Evax, now part of Potter Electric Signal Company in St. Louis, Missouri, has been a global leader in voice evacuation and mass notification systems for the past twenty years. Evax provides a wide array of products for use in commercial, institutional, high rise, military and industrial markets. Product lines include large head-end bulk amplifiers, distributed audio, small side-car voice evacuation systems, fire fighter telephone systems and mass notification systems.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in the Evax facility in Branford, CT, but will report to our VP of Manufacturing in St. Louis, MO.
- Provide technical support and problem solving skills for the assembly and testing of multiple PCB's and other electrical components into a finished product.
- Review ECO's and implement new work instructions, tooling, testers, and any training that might be needed for plant assembly.
- Investigate production problems to determine causes and implement corrective actions.
- Develop work instructions for new manufacturing processes
- Train operators in accordance with work instructions
- Initiate continuous improvement activities
- Design automated test equipment to insure quality and efficiency.
- Work with appropriate departments to determine manufacturing needs on new product development
- Work with outside vendors to resolve manufacturing issues
- Some travel may be required
- Develop and implement assembly and test processes.
- Design assembly fixtures.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a manufacturing environment requiring the assembly and testing of PCB's into a final assembly.
- Experience in developing and implementing process improvement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Altium is a plus
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Hands-on person with shop floor experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Automated test equipment design experience a plus
- PLC Software (GE Proficy Machine Edition) experience is a plus
Potter is a century-old company that offers all the benefits and conditions needed to compete for today's quality employee. If you are that quality employee who will give back as much as you receive, please apply with your resume, five year salary history & requirements.Company Description Potter Electric Signal Company has been the recognized world leader in the Fire Sprinkler Monitoring Industry for over a century. The Potter brand name and logo have become synonymous with quality products and service. Our People Vision is to provide employment opportunities to those individuals who are performance driven, dedicated to meeting the needs of the business, take pride in their work, team players, and are enthusiastic and passionate about their job.