Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
CASMED is a leading developer of innovative, non-invasive medical device technologies and products that deliver accurate, reliable patient data. For almost 30 years, our reputation for advanced technology and superior quality has remained consistent, making us a trusted resource worldwide.
CASMED is committed to meeting the needs of our customers and their patients, while continuing to build a dynamic, profitable enterprise. Every one of us at CASMED - whether in engineering, accounting, production or any other area- is committed to the highest standards of innovation, quality, service and performance. We simply will not settle for less.
Researches, designs, and develops embedded and host software in conjunction with the current NIRS Project hardware development. Researches, develops, designs and documents to support the NIRS algorithm software development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of designs within time and cost constraints.
- Evaluates and supports software design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or in response to changes in system requirements.
- Consults with marketing and engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall systems.
- Formulates and designs software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequence of design.
- Develops software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications including industry and regulatory standards compliance.
- Prepares and executes software verification.
- Reviews software validation plans of embedded systems software.
Individual must be able to perform each essential duty of this job satisfactorily. Individual should also have the ability to communicate ideas/suggestions for improvement of systems and processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or other science majors.
- Proven experience with all stages of SDLC.
- 5 years minimum experience in embedded microprocessor Software development.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Highly energetic, self-starter, and team player.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem resolution along with creative thinking skills. Must be able to communicate across many different levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to develop strong relationships and work individually and work effectively and respectfully as part of a broader team.
- Well organized, excellent time management; and have the ability to prioritize in a fast- paced self-directed multi-task environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically MS Work and MS Excel.
- Excellent debugging skills and strong data analysis capabilities required.
- Strong programming experience in C++, C.
- Experience in Graphical User Interface and Human Behavior.
- Experience with RTOS systems.
- Experience with writing/debugging low level software drivers - SPI, I2C, USB Memory. devices, serial interfaces, FLASH etc.
- Experience with Visual Studio development.
- Knowledge of serial UART protocols and implementation of checksum and CRCs.
- Ability to read schematics and datasheets and operate basic electronic test equipment.
- Experience with embedded windows and Linux - a plus.
- Experience with C# - a plus.
- Experience with Freescale ColdFire uP and CodeWarrior IDE - a plus.
- Previous experience with medical device development, familiarity with 60601-1 and 62304 - a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel and sitting for long periods of time.
- Able to speak and hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires the use of a computer, copier, and other applicable office equipment.
It is CASMED's policy to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non- work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. An Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/Company Description CASMED is a leading developer of innovative, non-invasive vital signs monitoring technologies and products that deliver accurate, reliable patient data. For over 30 years, our reputation for advanced technology and superior quality has remained consistent, making us a trusted resource worldwide. CASMED offers our employees a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an entrepreneurial, innovative, team oriented environment.
CASMED believes in the power of diversity, and looks for people with varied cultural backgrounds and broad work and life experiences. We offer rewarding opportunities in a variety of disciplines which add value to our business and the industry as a whole. Everyone who is part of CASMED brings a unique blend of talent, enthusiasm and ambition for a stimulating work environment. In return for your talent, we provide a dynamic work environment that supports you in building your career, and a comprehensive compensation and progressive benefits program that rewards your contributions to the business.