SR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This role provides administrative support to one or more individuals, one of whom is at the Vice President level. Works independently and efficiently to provide broad-scale, complex administrative and executive support for Vice President and the department.
- 1. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, phone coverage, travel arrangements, compiling and maintaining confidential data and departmental record-keeping and filing systems.
- 2. Proactively reviews the Executive's daily calendar, provides necessary materials and develops agendas as appropriate. Discusses and resolves calendar conflicts to assure an appropriate and efficient work schedule.
- 3. Responsible for preparation of correspondence (to include written and electronic) and necessary documents for action, mailing or distribution as required to both internal/external constituencies.
- 4. Develops relationships and serves as liaison between Executive and members from other Delivery Networks, Sr. Management team and the community.
- 5. Additional clerical functions covering a wide range of departmental operations.
- 6. Acts promptly to address concerns and triages requests and problems through the appropriate channels.
- 7. Assists in the coordination and implementation of special events, meetings and training.
- 8. 50% of time spent in relation to ownership of ongoing projects supporting the department and special projects as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree and/or some business course work at the college or technical level preferred.
At least 5-7 years experience functioning in an administrative support role or a combination of experience and Bachelors' degree.
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and well versed in Internet research and navigation.
Exceptional customer service skills
High level communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to draft, and distribute high level communications to the department, delivery network, health system, and external entities.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.