SR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position reports to a finance/accounting manager and is responsible for the hospitals' monthly and annual general ledger close and reporting. The senior accountant is responsible for ensuring that the general ledger close, various account analyses an other reporting functions are completed accurately and timely. A solid understanding of the Lawson accounting system should be developed for maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the close process and the related reports and analyses. This positions ensures the month-end close process is properly documented and accounted for using GAAP. It includes the completion of general ledger account analyses, analytical reports, and reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers. The senior accountant works as a liaison between key departments to coordinate and enhance the exchange of accounting information. He / She initiates improved work processes and documents the improvements in work flow.
- 1. Perform and supervise month-end close checklist to ensure all routine entries are posted to general ledger, accuracy of postings and adequate support is provided.
- 2. Spearhead the review, recommendation and implementation of improved month-end close process. Refine methodology and process for month-end close items.
- 3. Support internal and external auditors during their reviews and prepare requested schedules as necessary.
- 4. Ensure adherence to internal controls over the month-end close process.
- 5. Work with management to identify and recommend solutions for control gaps and process inefficiencies.
- 6. Ensure that subsidiary ledger balances are appropriately accounted for in the general ledger.
- 7. Provide financial accounting support to other departments and supervise individuals and departmental teams to enhance that support.
- 8. Participate in and support customer relations policy and programs.
- 9. Perform other related duties as required by the Manager of Accounting
- 10. Using our internal financial software, improve accounting, timing, quality and effectiveness of reports
- 11. Oversee the reconciliation of bank accounts, cash control sheets, accounts receivable reports and other financial data as required to ensure accurate reporting.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in a variety of progressively responsible accounting activities in a health care environment preferred, including general accounting, financial statement preparation, payroll and accounts payable systems.
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Strong personal computer background. Lawson and other financial software experience preferred. Ability to research and interpret accounting and health care industry standards. Ability to work under broad directions; ability to motivate and lead.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.