Corporate Compliance Coordinator
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion-must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supports the Office of Corporate Compliance & Privacy (OPCC) by providing administrative support, researching compliance issues/rules, working on projects and investigating issues under the direction of the Compliance & Privacy Officers, and assisting the Policy Standardization/MCN project. Assists the Compliance & Privacy Officers (CPO) in developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective and comprehensive corporate compliance and privacy program for the System, consistent with regulatory, contractual, and ethical requirements; Yale New Haven Health System policies; and industry practices.
- 1. Provides administrative support to CPOs in an effort to maintain and enhance YNHHS's corporate compliance and privacy program.
- 2. At the direction of the CPOs, prepares reports, related analyses, and makes recommendations to assist CPOs in ensuring compliance and improving internal controls. Attends and participates in meetings as requested by the CPOs.
- 3. Responsible for researching issues (new rules, compliance violations) and leading in investigations related to general compliance and privacy as. Escalates cases as appropriate. Responsible for appropriate follow -up actions related to compliance activities (e.g., patient privacy complaints/incidents, refunds associated with billing errors, etc). Coordinates with Human Resources and Legal as required to develop and monitor programs and remediation plans.
- 4. Responsible for responding to inquiries and requests for information. Interfaces directly with System and Delivery Network employees and serve as a sounding board for their concerns about ethics, compliance or privacy matters.
- 5. As required, provides assistance to the Policy Standardization/MCN project at the direction of the CPOs to ensure project needs are met. This will include: Proofreading policies and procedures for accuracy, entering information into MCN, responding to questions from internal customers and training users, supporting project teams and workgroups. Regularly meets with managers, directors and senior leadership to address issues and explain the Policy Re-design process.
- 6. Monitor and respond to inquiries received on compliance and privacy electronic mailboxes and telephone lines.
- 7. Update Complytrack entries as instucted by the Compliance & Privacy Officer.
- 8. At the request of Compliance Officers, serves as a project lead for departmental initiatives. Responsible for utilizing appropriate applications to manage projects and ensure they are in compliace with Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
- 9. Assists in reviewing, developing and updating compliance and privacy program policies and procedures.
- 10. Coordinates and develops special projects at the request of the CPOs.
- 11. Develops reports as needed to monitor status of compliance and privacy activities.
- 12. Maintains current awareness of compliance and privacy laws and industry developments pertaining to compliance and privacy. Distributes information that reflects the work of the OPCC and that are useful for YNHHS employees and physicians
- 13. Handles all corporate compliance and privacy matters with sensitivity and maintains strict confidentiality of all work material and activities.
- 14. Responsible for communicating with patients to convey information related to the YNHHS Corporate Compliance standards and patient protection practices. Educates patients regarding the safeguards in place for ensuring patient confidentiality.
Bachelors degree in business, health care, or a related field required. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, equivalent work experience may be considered. Certification in healthcare compliance, auditing or related field preferred. Required within 12 months of employment.
Two years experience in healthcare administration, general compliance, billing compliance, privacy, health information management, finance, or a related field.
Team player and self-starter, capable of taking projects and all work from conception to implementation. High level of integrity and trust. General knowledge of healthcare compliance issues, governmental regulations, including documentation and third party billing requirements and regulations. Attention to detail, effective report writing and presentation skills a must. Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Aptitude for and interest in learning additional software and database programs. Project management skills.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.