- Reporting to the controller, the senior accountant would be assisting and working along the finance team to assure the financial functions relating to collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and presentation of the business' organization and financial operations and provide cost accounting services.
- Maintenance and review of fiscal & accounting records/files, preparation of various financial forms with estimators and project executives on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare projections used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Analyze and recap monthly financial statements
- Analyze/Maintain general ledger variances
- Prepare and complete journal entries.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Handle cash flow statements - analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status/standing
- Prepare and execute Account and Spreadsheet Analysis
- Prepare and handle company budgets/forecasting
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed for the department.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Degree in Accounting
- Proficiency with Excel and other accounting software
- Ability to multi-task - manage shifting priorities/deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication, problem-solving abilities, and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Experience with Great Plains and ADP