Technical Project Manager
Works independently with business partners to identify and implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development. Manages projects at least $5-7 M in size or equal complexity.
Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives. Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager which include managing all aspects of a project including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope; develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans; develops training plans; develops requirements documents; develops project approval matrix; identifies project team training and tool needs; defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for vendor partners and global resources firms; defines quality gates for each project methodology phase; defines critical success factors; establishes and manages the project warranty period. Acts as subject matter expert for project and program management related tools and processes.
Requires BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree;
- 7 years of project management experience in broad-based information systems, with at least 3 years leading and directing project tasks; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Project management certification preferred within one year of job placement and prior to moving to the next level. Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members preferred.
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required.
- Demonstrated application of project management methodology required.
- Requires an understanding of the overall organization.
- Experience with portfolio management applications and Rational tools preferred.
Company Description As a corporate technology partner, EDGE Technology Services, provides high-quality industry experts with specialized business, software and IT experience to maximize their clients' technology investment in an expedient, efficient and professional manner.
Since our founding in 2000, EDGE has served as a leader in providing full-service management, technology consulting services and staff augmentation for a variety of industries including media, healthcare, insurance, banking, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and government.