If you have Sales Experience, we want to hear from you!
Earnings is 100% commission based.
About Pilgrim Furniture and Mattress City
Since 1961, Pilgrim Furniture and Mattress City has developed a well-earned reputation for offering a wide variety of quality furnishings, all at affordable prices. From living rooms, bedrooms and dining rooms to accessories and more, you'll always find the selection and service you demand at a price you deserve!
Furniture Sales Professional
At Pilgrim Furniture and Mattress City, we have a great product selection, attractive showroom, flexible schedules, and a family-oriented atmosphere. We provide excellent initial paid training plus on-going sales training and development. Be a Top Sales Professional and earn 45K to 65K in commissions per year! Work with an enthusiastic sales team in a fun work environment with store leaders who are dedicated to your success!
Other benefits our Full-Time Sales Professionals enjoy include:
- Work a 4 day week
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Discounts
- Continual Product Training
- Continual Advertising Programs
Other responsibilities of the Sales Professional role include:
- As a Sales Professional, you will participate in an initial paid training program that will equip you for success on the showroom floor. You will be responsible for going above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service and care to clientele.
- Greeting customers upon their arrival in our retail showroom, learning their motivation for their visit and developing a long-term relationship
- Presenting and discussing various home furnishings product based upon the prospective customer's lifestyle, needs and goals
- Assisting customers with product selection, purchasing, financing, and warranties
- Contacting customers to inform them about new sales and special events
- Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques and promotions through continuous professional training and development
- Maintaining our high standards for customer care and service
- Computer proficiency
- Exemplifying our professional Dress for Success standards
- Providing excellent follow-up and follow-through
Skills & Requirements:
In the Sales Professional role, you must be driven, ambitious, and highly motivated to succeed. We are seeking candidates who are naturally persuasive, competitive, and confident. You must be an active listener with a can-do attitude who is ready to learn and grow in an exciting role.
- Cooperative and professional disposition
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to interact with a variety of people
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers, employees and the public
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, copiers, calculators and facsimile machines
- Ability to occasionally lift 10 to 30 lbs. The employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee routinely works from an upright standing position.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while servicing customers.
Pilgrim Furniture and Mattress City maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment background and drug tests.
Pilgrim Furniture and Mattress City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws.