Coordinator, Annual Gifts
Special Olympics Connecticut, Inc., located in Hamden, CT Seeks Coordinator, Annual Gifts
The Coordinator, Annual Gifts will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s individual donor acknowledgement and stewardship program, as well as assist with donor cultivation and solicitation of gifts. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Some evenings and weekends are required.
- Exceptional organizational, clerical and presentation skills
- Avid multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication skills with high-quality customer service skills
- Is aware of and complies with SOCT’s policies, procedures and non-discrimination policy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2013, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Proficient in Raisers’ Edge a Blackbaud database
- Excellent typing and grammar skills
- Capability of researching and prospecting new and existing donors using I-Wave PRO
- Ability to work independently and as a team to accomplish objectives
- High-quality interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid Connecticut Driver’s License
- Oversee all gift acknowledgement correspondence and processes for: Annual Gifts, Individual and Major Gifts, high dollar event gifts, IHO’s, IMO’s, Employee Giving Campaigns, Telemarketing and Direct Mail campaigns.
- Manage donor database: Input all correspondence and updates for all individual donors.
- Manage all matching gifts for organization.
- Process and update appropriate changes in donor database, including IDMP donations.
- Prepare fundraising reports and correspondence as requested.
- Research, cultivate and solicit various individual donors as requested by the President and VP, Advancement.
- Coordinate Night of Thanks events, State Games Donor Receptions and Major Gift and Planned Giving receptions to support the stewardship process.
- Serve as liaison between SOI and SOCT regarding all IDMP and do not call lists.
- Update SOI collateral as pertains to the state.
- Manage donor/customer service calls as necessary.
- Assist senior staff with their primary solicitation list.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Create and manage new database for new SOCT research.
- Develop fundraising web pages for SOCT teams.
- Assist Director of Communications with the gathering and preparing of newsworthy stories within organization.
- Create/ print in-house organization’s thank you notes.
- Assist with answering of phones and perform mail duties.
- Other duties as assigned by VP, Advancement or President of SOCT
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least three years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Special Olympics Connecticut, Inc. is a drug free work environment and an equal opportunity employer. Employment with Special Olympics is “at-will.” Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: October 25, 2017