Student Support Counselor
Introduction and Philosophy
Vista Life Innovations (formerly Vista Vocational & Life Skills Center) is a nationally recognized, post-secondary program for adults with autism spectrum disorders and other related disabilities. Vista offers a community based training program designed for individuals who would like to succeed in work and independent living, and who are seeking a non-traditional program to address their needs.
Providing services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities achieve personal success. Vista is proud to be accredited by the National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES)
Vista has two main campuses in Madison and Westbrook, CT, serving communities along the shoreline in south central Connecticut.
We are currently seeking Student Support Counselors .
We currently have the following part time vacancies available:
Monday - 2 pm-10 pm, Friday - 2 pm-10 pm (16 hours/week)
Sunday - 9 am-4 pm, Monday - 7:30 am-4 pm, Friday - 9 am-6 pm (24.5 hours/week)
Monday - 7:30 am-9 am, Friday - 8 am-9:30 am, Saturday - 3:30 pm - 9:30 pm (9 hours/week)
The successful candidates must be able to work in conjunction with various departments to provide instruction and support to students and members. He/She must be able to teach evaluate, problem solve and implement compensatory strategies. The successful candidate must be able and willing to work with students and members in a variety of settings including in their homes, on Vista campus and within the community.
Successful candidates must:
- Role model good social skills, leadership skills, communication skills, conflict resolution skills and problem solving skills.
- Provide consistent and quality instruction.
- Train and teach students/members a variety of skills according to the student/member's needs.
- Must be able to make pertinent decisions and proactive problem solve issues that may arise.
- Must be flexible and able to respond to the needs of the students/members.
- Must be willing and able to demonstrate any given support or instruction.
- Must be able to complete all written documentation in a clear, professional and timely manner.
- Effectively utilizes a team approach with all staff to carry out the mission of the organization.
Requirements for Student Support Counselor position :
- Minimum-High School Diploma, an Associate's Degree preferred.
- All positions require a valid driver's license, pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of related experience in human services, or in a related field.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities required.
In addition the successful Student Support Counselor candidate must:
- Transport students/members in personal vehicle and company vehicle.
- Be able to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid .
We offer a variety of flexible positions with weekend and evening hours for both part time positions.
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Health and dental benefits-several packages to choose from
- Retirement plan with match 403 (b)
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off and much more.
We invite you to explore your future with Vista Life Innovations
Please submit a resume if you are interested in exploring employment opportunities with Vista. We look forward to meeting with you!
We are a drug-free, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Vista Life Innovations please visit our website at .Company Description Vista Life Innovations is a nationally recognized, post-secondary program for individuals with autism spectrum disorders and other related disabilities. We offer a community-based training program designed for individuals who would like to succeed in work and independent living, and who are seeking a non-traditional program to address their needs. Vista's philosophy looks at each individual holistically.
Our mission is to provide services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities achieve personal success. We have two main campuses in Madison and Westbrook serving communities along the shoreline in south central Connecticut.