Contract Length: 10+ months
Assemble sub-assemblies and parts of sealed switches used in various customer applications. Perform induction and hand soldering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work under general direction of the department supervisor with a minimum of supervision.
• Perform induction soldering and hand soldering.
• Assemble components into nest or fixture, pre-fluxed, positioned, soldered, removed from holding device and allowed to cool.
• Manual holding or control of components required during operation.
• Work also may be washed in solution, pressure tested, or repaired by hand.
• Subsequent operations include wire brushing, or machine staking.
• Work from drawings, blueprints, sketches, verbal or written instruction, work orders, process sheets.
• Execute material handling procedures for work order processing and inventory floor stock maintenance.
• Obtain parts and materials as instructed or as necessary or required to execute material handling procedures.
• Prepare finished work for shipment or storage as instructed or required.
• Generally perform alignment or adjustments. Manually using various type special hand tools, if required, until exacting specifications are realized.
• Work to processes and procedures.
• Report defective materials or any other unusual condition or circumstance to supervisor immediately.
• Maintain personal production and quality standards as determined by supervision.
• Perform QC function as required.
• Maintain records and other pertinent data as instructed or required.
• Follow standard practices and procedures as outlined by policy.
• Follow all safety regulations.
• Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Perform similar and other related duties as instructed or required.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities
• Reports to Switch Department Supervisor
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Versatility required to perform many and varied other assembly and soldering operations manually.
Must have reasonable dexterity in hands to manipulate small parts.
Ability to read blueprints.
SilverXis Inc. is leading provider of workforce solutions. We combine our profound industry expertise with our broad range of full-service capabilities In Recruitment, Consulting, Staffing, and Outsourcing - to deliver the right fit to our clients and candidates. As a leading provider of Staff augmentation and Development, SilverXis will deliver the support staff with the essential expertise to compliment your organization.