• Exceed our customers' evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
• Build relationships with and educate our customers in order to create sales.
• Take accurate, detailed orders and plan cake orders.
• Decorate cakes and desserts in accordance with Company policies & procedures.
• Maintain cake display cases and properly filling with designated cakes, pastries and cr??me pies.
• Collaborate with management in decision-making, direction and implementation to ensure that operational and sales goals are met.
• Provide training as needed through product knowledge and expertise.
• Receive, prepare, weigh, finish, slice, price, package, merchandise, and stock product as needed.
• Maintain proper department conditions (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, and cooler, etc.).
• Maintain inventory and order adequate product as assigned (e.g., in stock position, inventory management, days on hand, shrink).
• Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations.
• Periodically oversee and direct workflow as assigned.
• Operate a cash register where applicable.Requirements
• Previous perishable foods handling and/or preparation experience preferred.
• Previous cake decorating experience preferred.
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence??? through Big Y's Firm Foundations??? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.Apply Now Refer This Job Location Details Big Y
1021 Main Street
CHESHIRE, CT 06410
?? See all jobs at this location