Introduction and Philosophy
Vista Life Innovations (formerly Vista Vocational & Life Skills Center) is a nationally recognized, post-secondary program for adults with autism spectrum disorders and other related disabilities. Vista offers a community based training program designed for individuals who would like to succeed in work and independent living, and who are seeking a non-traditional program to address their needs.
Providing services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities achieve personal success. Vista is proud to be accredited by the National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES)
Vista has two main campuses in Madison and Westbrook, CT, serving communities along the shoreline in south central Connecticut.
We are currently seeking a Recreation Instructor.
The successful Recreation Instructor candidate must be able to work in partnership with others to facilitate Recreation services including but not limited to recreational activities, physical fitness/sports, meal prep, and transportation supports while displaying a positive and professional demeanor.
Successful Recreation Instructor candidate must:
- Demonstrate proficiency in meal preparation skills and the ability to facilitate activities in a group setting
- Have good time management skills and the ability to be flexible and organized.
- Plan and lead recreational group activities and community outings.
- Develop, plan and lead ongoing and new clubs throughout the year.
- Plan and lead ongoing sports activities including but not limited to basketball, softball, and soccer.
- Support students/members in accessing the community wellness facilities and assist them in reaching their wellness goals.
- Plan and cook family-style meals in a group setting while encouraging peer-to-peer socialization.
- Exhibit creativity in facilitating the engagement of students/members in Quality of Life services.
- Attend monthly team meetings and proactively communicates the strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Communicate necessary information to the team of staff for each student/member assigned to their caseload.
- Use identified assistive technology to assist students with independence.
- Complete all necessary documentation utilizing the computer and applicable systems so all systems run smoothly and timely.
- All assigned tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner so the student/member's individual systems are maintained and timely.
- Be an excellent role model for students/members so they can learn the necessary social skills in any given environment.
- Develop rapport with students/members so they feel comfortable and are in their learning environment.
Requirements for Recreation Instructor position:
- Minimum-High School Diploma, an Associate's Degree preferred.
- All positions require a valid driver's license, pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of related experience in human services, recreational activities, or in a related field.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred.
In addition the successful Recreation Instructor candidate must:
- Transport students/members in personal vehicle and company vehicle including min vans and 15 passenger vans.
- Be able to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid within 90 days of hire.
- Be able to obtain a Public Service License within 90 days of hire.
We offer a variety of flexible positions with weekend and evening hours for both part time and per diem positions.
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Health and dental benefits-several packages to choose from
- Retirement plan with match 403 (b)
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off and much more.
We invite you to explore your future with Vista Life Innovations
Please submit a resume if you are interested in exploring employment opportunities with Vista. We look forward to meeting with you!
Vista is a drug-free, Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Vista Life Innovations please visit our website at .Company Description Vista Life Innovations is a nationally recognized, post-secondary program for individuals with autism spectrum disorders and other related disabilities. We offer a community-based training program designed for individuals who would like to succeed in work and independent living, and who are seeking a non-traditional program to address their needs. Vista's philosophy looks at each individual holistically.
Our mission is to provide services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities achieve personal success. We have two main campuses in Madison and Westbrook serving communities along the shoreline in south central Connecticut.