Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Enjoy a rewarding position with Medi-Weightloss in Orange, CT. Wonderful environment focusing on preventative medicine. Everyday is a celebration. No on call requirements.
We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) with a valid DEA license to join our talented team & deliver exceptional patient care. The NP/PA will work under the supervision of the medical director. Under general direction, the NP/PA provides patient care; conducts physical exams; completes health history summary; documents patients' progress and assists with patient care management.
**Full Time & Part Time Positions Available!
- Obtains and reviews patient's medical history information relevant to patient care
- Conducts physical examinations
- Orders and reviews laboratory studies as well as diagnostic procedures
- Assumes responsibility for prescribing FDA approved appetite suppressants according to state and federal guidelines
- Reviews patient's progress and manages patient care accordingly
- Maintains all required documentation for patient care and medication management
- Conducts patient consultations
- Provides training to clinical and non-clinical staff as needed
- Documents patient progress notes in the patient chart and/or EMR.
- Conducts consultations with patients regarding the program
- Performs other clinical duties as required
- Conducts follow up calls to patients to discuss the patient's progress and address any concerns
- Must have valid Medical & DEA License.
- Must ensure CAQH profile is current. Credentialed provider preferred.
- Must be willing to work Saturday hours.
- Must be team player and enjoy Changing Lives!
- Benefits for employees who meet 30 hour work week requirements
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Bonus potential available
- Provider to submit hourly compensation requirements
For more information about our company, visit our website at
Company Description Our mission is to help our patients achieve their weight loss goals AND to help them achieve long-term wellness through lifestyle changes. Our program guides patients using the five keys to wellness: nutrition, fitness, medicine, education, and motivation.
Developed and administered by healthcare experts, the physician-supervised Medi-Weightloss Program is evidence-based to result in a successful lifestyle change for the patient. When administering the treatment, Medi-Weightloss healthcare providers take each patient's unique health profile into account, which is what makes us The One that Works! In fact, our patients have lost over 3 million pounds nationwide since 2006. In addition to offering an individualized physician-supervised weight loss programs for adults, Medi-Weightloss also offers specialized weight loss programs for adolescents and for individuals at risk of or current are diagnosed diabetics.
Medi-Weightloss Scientific Advisory Board critically reviews the effectiveness, safety, and added value of the Medi-Weightloss treatment guidelines and products through outcomes research. This panel of physicians, scientists, and public health experts also assists in guiding the development of translational research studies that move scientific discoveries from university laboratories to the patient care setting.
Medi-Weightloss was founded in 2005 by Edward Kaloust. The franchise headquarters is located in Tampa, Florida.