IAM Technical Lead
IAM Technical Lead
Hands-on implementer and the technical leader of a team of senior developers using Java-based technologies and SQL to develop, test implement and maintain IAM features in a high quality and reusable fashion in accordance with principles and best practices of quality software development. The technical lead guides individual developers and leads the team in establishing best practices and methodologies. The IAM technical lead reports to the Director of Identity and Platform Services.
Essential duties of position:
1. Build and extend complex and demanding Java-based IAM applications, while simultaneously helping other developers to build, test and roll out Identity-based solutions which extend and leverage Sailpoint Identity IQ (IIQ), AD, and TIER technologies (Shibboleth, CAS and Grouper).
2. Leverage Talend (ETL) for creation and maintenance of SQL-based data-centric IAM data propagation and transformation jobs.
3. Lead design and development of IAM REST/SOAP Web Services using current tools and methodologies.
4. Lead a self-organizing team using Agile methodology. Guide developers and teams in solving complex technical questions and debugging issues.
5. Lead and drive establishing standards, best practices, and methodology covering the entire software development lifecycle to ensure production and maintenance of high quality code and development artifacts for new and existing Java applications.
Experience and training:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and eight to ten years of related work experience with at least two years as a technical team leader.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Developing Java apps with in depth knowledge of java frameworks Spring or JSF.
3. Web technologies: XML, SPML/SOAP, Web and Application Servers, HTML;
4. Oracle or SQL Server SQL development.
5. Deep knowledge of several of the following with exposure to many others - while the specific technologies listed are preferred, comparable is OK as well:
• IAM technologies and concepts - (Sailpoint Identity IQ, AD, Shibboleth, CAS, Grouper preferred)
• ETL tools (Talend preferred)
• Automated testing using tools (JUnit or JMeter preferred)
• Version control and continuous integration (Jenkins preferred).
• Securing web services
6. Fast learner with a strong desire and motivation to learn about Yale and the higher education IAM environment.
7. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
8. Able to lead and drive a team to deliver breakthrough results.
9. Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with traditional IT practitioners as well as with academics, researchers, and their technical support staff.
10. Proven ability to design and develop enterprise applications including familiarity with Enterprise Integration Patterns.
11. Strong desire to work with team to adopt Agile best practices including time boxed sprints, frequent refactoring, continuous integration and test driven development.
12. Proven experience mentoring others.
13. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
14. Familiarity with UML artifacts (class, sequence diagrams, etc.).
15. Experienced in Agile Development Methodology.
16. Highly adaptable to perform in a fast-paced environment.
17. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about newer technologies and be driven to continuously evolve and improve our development process through leveraging such technologies.