Meat Specialist (Stores)
• Exceed our customers' evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
• Build relationships with and educate our customers in order to create sales.
• Receive, process, cut, trim, scrape, package, tie, wrap, weigh, price and label meat products more than 50% of the time on average.
• Process special customer requests, including special cuts of meat, as necessary.
• Maintain meat supplies and identify all cuts of meat.
• Collaborate with management in decision-making, direction and implementation to ensure that operational and sales goals are met.
• Provide training as needed through product knowledge and expertise.
• Prepare, finish, slice, merchandise, and stock product as needed.
• Maintain proper department conditions (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, and cooler, etc.).
• Maintain inventory and order adequate product as assigned (e.g., in stock position, inventory management, days on hand, shrink).
• Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations.
• Periodically oversee and direct workflow as assigned.
• Previous perishable foods handling and/or preparation experience preferred.
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence??? through Big Y's Firm Foundations??? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
345 WASHINGTON AVE
NORTH HAVEN, CT 06473
?? See all jobs at this location