Rules and Product Configuration Director, Global Financial Firm
Client is a Fortune 500 global financial firm. They seek an on-site leader of their Business Application Delivery Rules and Product Configuration Team. This position is responsible for transforming and maturing rules and product configuration expertise to deliver on strategic objectives including existing as well as future platform needs.
The Director will be accountable for delivering technical solutions critical for strategic Annuities initiatives by actively partnering with Annuities technical, business and strategic vendor partners. The leader will also be responsible for maturing talent, processes and technology in support of the Annuities roadmap. This is a hands-on leader role requiring technical expertise with an exposure to Annuities product and Actuarial business functions.
- Establish and lead the Annuities' Rules and Product Configuration function
- Partner with key business stakeholders such as product, service, actuarial and strategic partners, establish and direct design and baseline implementation of ALIP product configuration, business rules actuarial calculation engine
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the Technical Systems Analysis and Design function leveraging industry standard methods to deliver systems solutions aligned with customer expectations, on time, within budget, and with anticipated business value
- Partner and coordinate activities with other technology teams and vendor partners to deliver technology solution
- Establish actionable goals/objectives that are directly connected to the Annuities Information Technology goals/objectives, aligned with the business plan, and effectively communicated and understood throughout the organization.
- Cultivate a strong team environment in which team members feel safe in challenging each other's ideas as they develop the best plan to meet business challenges and exceed customer expectations
- Attract, develop and retain top talent to continually raise the bar on the capabilities and deliverables of the organization
- Continually enhance and share knowledge of the technology industry and the possibilities that new technological developments bring to the Annuities line of business
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of IT leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and complexity. Multi-site leadership and 3+ years Annuity and/or Insurance relate experience preferred,
- Experience in leading configuration and maintenance of software such as ALIP, Blaze Rules engine or calculation engines
- Driven, self-motivated and able to work under pressure using sound judgement and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and coach teams to higher levels of performance
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL and certifications is a plus
- Travel to local sites up to 10%.
Company Description Client is a multinational financial firm with an established and well known brand.