Quality Control Technicians - Food Industry / 1st and 2nd shift
We are seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our team! The main function of this position is to be responsible for quality assurance for all products using HACCP, sanitation, pest management and other programs to ensure compliance with all government rules and regulations. This position will also conduct ongoing education of staff with regard to quality assurance.
- Ensures specifications are met by recording production data.
- Perform and document daily pre-op inspections and related checks.
- Assist Production Supervisor with daily line set up.
- Calibrate scales and water meters daily.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork needed to complete documentation of all products and processes.
- Test and record all product and component weights as well as sensory evaluations according to specified time intervals.
- Record and document all HACCP related processes.
- Report problems or deficiencies in quality or related processes to QA Manager and Shift Supervisor.
- Maintain USDA, HACCP, GMP guidelines on the production floor.
- Interact with USDA Inspectors.
- Work with Production Supervisors to maintain quality /customer standards
- ATP Testing : Take Swab samples
- Ensure sufficient supply of gloves, hairnets/beard nets, aprons, dip stations, soap and paper towel stations
- Monitor all freezer temperatures
- Metal detector checks while on Production floor
- Interact with outside technicians for scale and metal detection calibrations
- Take product samples at scheduled times
- May participate as member of Safety Committee and monitor Lockout/Tag out of equipment.
- Participate in Allergen and Pest Management Program
- Occasional relief on production line
- Check and record sanitation concentrations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Production Line Experience within food industry a plus.
- Product knowledge: Acquire and maintain full knowledge of USDA codes, rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in follow up; ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player, positive can-do attitude
- Ability to assess situation and make independent decisions to achieve success.
- Ability to bend, sit and stand
- Ability to perform multiple complex tasks concurrently
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to see and walk for inspections of plant sites
- Ability to hear
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
???To be considered, please click "Apply Now."