CNC Programmer (UGNX)
CNC Programmer (UG NX)
Location: Cheshire, CT
(Candidate needs UG NX experience
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented 5 Axis CNC Programmer to program using UG NX, develop setup & tooling specifications, and a robust process. As a 5 Axis CNC Programmer, the individual will work with the Engineering team to plan numerical control programs to control contour path machining of parts on automatic machine tools, using computer aided design equipment (CAD/CAM software), with an emphasis on process improvement, using the latest cutting tool and optimization technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate technologically advanced equipment and state of the art machinery.
- Analyze drawings, design models, and sketches to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to shop processes, customer specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures and outline sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Write instruction sheets, geometric layouts to outline sequence of operations, and cutter setup to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Revise programs to eliminate instruction errors, omissions, and update programs with new technology/methods to improve efficiency; meet customer delivery dates
- Responsible for the implementation of Corrective Actions on parts that result in non-conformances due to programming concerns.
- Keep reject rates to a minimum
- Practice 5S and abide by all safety guidelines
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
- Document the in-process inspection procedures
- May set tools before positioning them in mill, using precision gauges and instruments. (Zoller Pre-Setter)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints in order to operate machinery
- Technical or vocational school courses are beneficial
- Minimum 5 years' of manufacturing CNC Programming experience
- Must be computer literate with PC and Microsoft software applications & UG NX version 8.
- Knowledge of verification software (Vericut) to build machine components and tools for simulation; use of optimization software along with 3rdWave
- Good communication, written, and mechanical skills
- Ability to work and cooperate with others
Must be able to lift 50 poundsCompany Description HireResources was established in 2002, we are a fast growing Complete Talent Management Company.
Our team of highly Talented Recruitment Specialists has unparalleled precision recruitment expertise. HireResources is a new type of staffing firm that provides both value and flexibility to out clients and candidates. We are redefining how staffing firms operate!