Technical Account Engineer I.Sales Engineering.US
Strategic revenue driver responsible for gaining an understanding of the customer's business and technology requirements, documenting those requirements, and creating a compelling business solution that meets the client's needs and achieves their desired business outcomes, all related to Ricoh's MFP (device) solution portfolio. The role partners with Sales in order to drive incremental and net new MFP (device) services revenue, typically contracted through leases and cash purchases. The role will be team assigned and accountable to services revenue targets with a focus to MFP (device) solutions. The position is twofold, act as the SME for MFP related solutions for the Sales teams and owns design activities to develop Enterprise Services opportunities that utilizes Ricoh's full portfolio of MFP (device) based solutions. The role must possess and demonstrate a high degree of business acumen, technical knowledge, highly effective communication skills and have a proven track record of driving high valued business results and is capable of prospecting, starting and leading the sales dialog independently.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership role within the assigned accounts working in a team selling environment. Able to call on clients to develop new business level relationships in order to increase RICOH's revenue share in assigned accounts.
- Focuses to generating new sales opportunities within assigned accounts working in a team selling environment. Able to call on clients to develop new business level relationships in order to increase RICOH's revenue share in assigned accounts. Drives to meet or exceed assigned revenue and target metric objectives within assigned accounts.
- Designs Ricoh portfolio solution related to all MFP (device) solutions in accounts.
- Consults with the customer with a high degree of ' industry/Domain/technology ' expertise and knowledge. Commits the necessary time in client meetings and with Core Sales representative to design services and solution that meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Understands and incorporates the Ricoh "Key Value Areas" value proposition into every day talk track with clients. Fulfills the expert role in presenting, promoting and solutioning the Core portfolio of services and solutions.
- Works with cross-functional resources to support customer workshops, vendor shows, symposiums, etc. to promote Ricoh MFP (device) Services and develop opportunities.
- Designs complex print management solutions, from Follow You Print to enterprise decentralized MFP scanning and other products in the Ricoh MFP (device) solution portfolio. Works directly with vendor partners to design complex solutions required in an enterprise environment.
- Stays current with industry trends - periodicals, journals and industry organization participation.
- Participates in frequent communication of activities and account status with assigned account team.
- Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers and outside vendors. Routinely creates a helpful and positive work culture (in accordance with Ricoh's code of ethics).
- Performs the discovery and design necessary to implement a solution that will meet client needs. Must be able to run the discovery and design from idea to implementation hand off in Enterprise accounts.
- Develops Requirements documents, Solution Configurations and Statements of Work as a part of the business/technology solution/service that relates to the published Core portfolio.
- Follows Ricoh's Methodology Framework to ensure that projects are accurately scoped and delivered in line with customer expectations. Must work with across the design, project management, operations, and implementation teams to insure all pricing components have been included and level of effort is accurate.
- Manages client communications and expectations through the design cycle to implementation.
- Works independently or with other Design resources and engages Technical Design resources or Implementation Subject Matter Experts in more complex/specialized technology solutions. Utilizes the engagement process to obtain additional resource expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned and demonstrate a commitment to the RICOH design process, values and business code of ethics.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Four-year college degree preferred, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Requires 2+ years experience in software sales support and solution design competence with a proven track record
- Experience in selling to a variety of accounts including National, Major, and Industry Verticals.
- Experience working within a team selling environment, preferred Software and Services.
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must be experienced in setting goals by defining and prioritizing specific, realistic objectives.
- Solution certifications, Ricoh Core Product portfolio
- IT and Network Certifications, MCP, and Security+ (attained 12 months from hire date) as identified by the management team
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.Company Description From our beginning in 1962 as the regional headquarters of Tokyo-based Ricoh Company, Ltd., Ricoh USA, Inc. has always been on the forefront of workplace innovation.
Yesterday, that meant creating the first office fax machine, enabling people to work smarter, better and faster than ever before. Today, that means information mobility, which is the ability to capture, manage, access and use the information you need.