Senior Buyer - Metals
Our client, a large global manufacturer is looking for a Senior Buyer. The Senior Buyer will establish and implement an effective sourcing model for metal components like Springs Balls and Aluminum. The Senior Buyer will drive cost reductions through the organization and will be accountable for achieving savings. The position will have direct responsibility for defining the sourcing strategies and negotiating contracts
- North American leader for sourcing all metal components like Springs, Balls, Aluminum Parts and Decoration
- Develop and maintain systematic, analytical and results-based method for savings, monitoring supplier's performance, sourcing effectiveness and communicate these results to the business.
- Work closely with the businesses to create a strategic vision for the department as well as driving purchasing synergies to achieve cost savings across all Business Units and Segments
- Lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts with a bias for achievement of quality, delivery, cost containment and process improvement.
- Set negotiating plan, negotiate agreements for key materials
- Develop and implement risk management strategies
- Develop low cost sourcing
B.A. /B.S. degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management. Advanced degree / MBA preferred
SAP Knowledge Preferred
Multiple language knowledge and multiple country experience is a plus
Six sigma green or black belt; CPM, APICS certification preferred
Expertise in plant procurement, strategic sourcing, project management and supply chain
Excellent financial analysis and negotiating skills required
Excellent leadership /management experience and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization including executive leadership team and plant operations required.
Apply for Senior Buyer - Metals
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly