Sales Associate - Part Time - New Haven, CT
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To positively contribute to the sales of the store, by offering excellent levels of customer service and developing selling opportunities.
To represent the Barbour brand in a positive manner and remain professional at all times.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute positively towards the sales/ profitability budgets for the store through achieving personal sales targets.
- To contribute to the store by delivering outstanding customer service at all times.
- To be a brand ambassador promoting the brand within the locality.
- To maintain store standards both on the selling floor and in the stockroom.
- Process Shipment, Freight and assist in all Operational aspects of the Store.
- To undertake and apply accurate Company administration procedures.
- To process accurately cash and credit card transactions through the till system.
- To actively support store management procedures, in line with Company policy.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations and Company procedures are adhered to and remedial action is taken if required.
- Undertake any other reasonable activity, as may be required by senior management.
Company Description For more information and an opportunity to continue growing with us, apply today or visit our website to learn more. We encourage all talented, high caliber individuals to apply to join our exciting and unique Brand!
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior retail experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Excellent customer care skills
• Advanced selling skills
• Understanding of requirements to work in a goal orientated environment
• Acting in a professional and respectful manner to all individuals
• Understanding current market trends in relation to clothing/ fashion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally at all business levels
• Able to analyze basic internal data and translate into actions
• Time Management skills for organizing self appropriately
• Computer skills including experience of POS systems, Outlook
• Understanding and ability to implement visual merchandising standards
• To have an appreciation of Barbour's sporting heritage and its customers' requirements
**Availability on weekends and evenings is encouraged**