Part Time Legal Secretary
Part Time Legal Assistant
Medium size law firm in downtown New Haven has an immediate need for a Part Time Legal Secretary.
We seek a bright & energetic Legal Secretary to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support a busy IP attorney.
- Primary role is maintaining electronic correspondence & filings.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers and senior legal secretaries
- Maintain patent & trademark application files - physical and electronic files
- May be requested to compose correspondence, reports, memorandums, legal documents
- Time entry and billing
- Other duties as needed
- Willingness to learn, keep pace with a busy environment and interact with others.
- Experience as legal secretary or assistant preferred; not essential
- MUST be proficient in MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, familiar with Adobe Acrobat. Familiar with Excel, Adobe Photoshop and legal billing software is a plus.
- Proficiency in English.
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills of at least 50 wpm.
- Ability to multitask and be comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Legal Secretary Certification or diploma desired. College degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of patent prosecution procedures and practices helpful but not required
- Able to move around office to make copies, fax, file and remain seated 65% of the time.
- Ability to move files weighing up to 25lbs from kneeling, sitting and standing position.
We Offer Benefits: Free parking, and friendly working. Potential for advancement; may lead into full time position.