Senior Oracle DBA
The Oracle Senior DBA will help manage production and development environments consisting of Oracle databases, Fusion Middleware, Ellucian Banner Student Systems and other Applications and Interfaces. The Sr. DBA will work independently to ensure that the applications are operating efficiently, and to ensure that service levels are maintained and delivered. The Sr. DBA will also assist in the administration of other platform software.
• Solely responsible for installation, configuration and tuning of Fusion Middleware and WebLogic environments.
• Co-support the administration of Ellucian Banner Student Systems including installation, configuration, patching and maintenance.
• Maintain and ensure availability for multiple production and development Oracle Database environments.
• Hands-on participation and facilitation of full life cycle implementation of 13c Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for production environments.
• Coordinate the activities related to running production/test/development Application environments. Develop and implement solutions for database sizing/capacity, server requirements and space requirements.
• Administer Oracle Databases including cloning, patching, and migrating from AIX to Linux.
• Resolve help desk tickets as assigned and provide 24-hour on-call support for problem analysis and resolution to system problems on a rotational basis.
• Work with development teams to implement change management for custom code migrated into environments.
• Perform effective and independent incident and problem resolution for databases and applications.
• As assigned - research, plan, and perform application of bug fixes, application upgrades, database upgrades to Oracle Database 12C, and the implementation of security patches.
• In accordance with established guidelines design & develop processes/ procedures for loading data, interfaces, batch job operation, and perform high-level trouble-shooting of development / production systems independently.
• Work in a team environment by providing training and ongoing support of these processes/ procedures and help to build the knowledge of less senior DBAs.
• Must have hands-on experience installing, configuring and supporting Oracle Fusion Middleware on Windows. (Required)
• Must have hands-on experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers using Oracle Database 11g or higher on Linux. (Required)
• Must have a functional knowledge of Linux, UNIX shell scripting including vi and file management commands. (Required)
• Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (Required)
• Should have Hands-on experience installing, configuring and supporting Ellucian Banner Student Systems (Desired)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent. (Desired)
• Hands-on experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher. (Desired)
• Demonstrates an understanding of the methods and techniques used for managing software products, data integration and applications.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in a multi-user environment with administration of a relational database system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
• Must be able to be on-call (rotating) for evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and/or overnight hours for system related activities when necessary.
In business seven years and already has over $1 billion in assets under management. The firm manages long-only micro-cap, small cap, and large cap U.S. traded equity strategies for institutions in a separate account structure, and a hedge fund which invests long and short in U.S. traded equities and long in global stock index futures. Company is 100% employee owned and aspires to be a symbol of stewardship within the investment management industry. They are dedicated to delivering excellent investment performance through insight, passion, and diligence. They aim to build strategic alliances with clients based on the highest ethical standards.