MACHINE OPERATOR - QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR
Carlton Industries Inc., a well-established contract manufacturer of electronic assemblies has an opportunity for a talented AOI Operator/QC Inspector for the first shift. This position requires someone who is able to operate the AOI machines, inspect for accurate, consistent detection of SMT component placement, through-hole and solder defects to IPC-A-610 latest standard. It is critical in this position to have the ability to recognize problems in the operation process or with the component and to communicate those problems to the machine operator for immediate corrective action. The ideal candidate should possess keen visual acuity and knowledge of inspecting printed circuit board assemblies. Approves in-process product, finished product and documents inspection results.
- Ability to load programs in the AOI machines.
- Ability to examine circuit board assemblies to detect defects such as shorts, excess or missing solder, scratches, cracks and proper placement of components.
- Ability to maintain quality standards to specified requirements for approving finished product and product in wip.
- Perform detailed quality inspection of populated circuit boards.
- Ability to perform inspection using a microscope.
- Ability to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
- Ability to read routers, bill of materials, assembly drawings and perform assigned tasks.
- Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and maintain patience in challenging situations.
- Ability to sit for the majority of the working day.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications:
Experience in loading programs and operating AOI machines in a fast paced environment.
Good working knowledge of AS 9100/ISO 13485, ESD, SPC & IPC-A-610.
Expected to read and comprehend well in English both verbally and in written format.
Component identification ability required.
Ability to examine circuit board assemblies to detect defects such as shorts, excess or missing solder, scratches, cracks and proper placement of components.
Candidates should be very organized with the ability to keep required written records.
Candidates should have the ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
Excellent work habits including good attendance.
Carlton corporations is EOE and offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunity to grow
- FSA plan
- HRA plan
- Simple IRA
Carlton Industries Corporation (CIC) is a private company and our employees' average longevity within the company is over 13 years. We excel at satisfying customers in challenging market segments including aerospace, military and defense, robotics, medical, and instrumentation. Our long-standing reputation is proven through our customer-longevity averaging well over 12 years. We believe in having a long-term partnership with all of our customers and being the essential part in reaching their specific business goals.