We have been retained by our client, a successful manufacturing company located in Shelton, CT to find the best candidate to fill their newly created Cost Estimator role. The company is growing and needs to add to staff. DOE: $80-90K + comprehensive benefits + family friendly work environment.
This position is open due to company growth.
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, outside processes, and labor expenses
- Develop knowledge of our company's abilities along with materials needed, machines to be used, labor required, and other factors
- Read blueprints, digital 3D models, and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with engineers, sales people, shop employees, purchasing managers, customers, and suppliers on estimates
- Consult with internal company experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Use CAD and computer software to calculate estimates
- Evaluate a product's cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates, quotes, long term agreements, and bids for clients
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- 4-year Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 year's working in a cost estimating department in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure
- Prior experience utilizing an estimating module in an ERP system is a plus
This employer offers the following:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Business Casual Attire
- Casual Fridays
- Paid Parking
In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose
resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted.
Fee will be paid by our client, the prospective employer.
Mackey & Guasco Staffing offers a generous referral bonus to anyone who refers a candidate that is placed in a direct-hire position and meets the guarantee period.
Mackey & Guasco Staffing LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Cost Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly