3 days left
- Job Board
Business Analyst Position
The Business Analyst (BA) has responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, verify, and facilitate testing of business process solutions and requirements for ITS PMO sourced projects.
The Business Analyst serves as the conduit between the ITS customer community and the ITS software development team through which business requirements flow.
The BA is involved at some level throughout the entire solution development life cycle. However, the majority of the BA work effort is focused on elicitation, documentation, and communication of business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, and all associated processes.
• Work effectively with the project sponsor, project manager and other members of the project team.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams; support the project through implementation and post-project support.
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates and tools.
• Decompose high-level business needs into structured requirements, use cases, user stories/scenarios, business rules, functional and non-functional requirements; with sufficient detail to satisfy the needs of the business, developers and testers.
• Lead requirements elicitation, analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, wireframes where appropriate.
• Documentation of the "as is" and "to be" business processes using standard process modeling tools and process improvement methodologies.
• Participate in requirements prioritization and solution risk analysis.
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements are interpreted correctly.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project
• Manage changes to base line requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
• Facilitate user acceptance testing and draft UAT test plans, ensure test data available and draft test cases.
• Participate in testing and quality assurance process.
• Collaborate with developers and end-users to insure that application functionality meets client needs, test solutions, problem-solve issues, coordinate enhancements.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Strong personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines
• Minimum of 7 years of Business Analysis experience, preferably with strong user interaction and full lifecycle business analysis.
• Essential skills in data mapping and analysis, gap analysis and system analysis.
• Experience with requirements management tools required (HPQC a plus).
• A solid understanding of software development life cycles methodologies e.g. SDLC, Agile and Waterfall.
• A solid understanding of business analysis and process improvement best practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Technical skills and expertise a plus.
• BS/BA; Master's Degree a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
• Executive Level interpersonal relationship building, collaboration and facilitation skills.
• Excellent MS Office and Visio skills.
• Expertise in SQL queries, data analysis a plus.
• Experience working with data warehouses or databases a plus.
• Experience with integrations a plus.