The Vivint Solar team is in need of a Roofing Foreman who will become a strong contributor and make a difference. In the Roofing Foreman role, you will lead a damage resolution crew responsible for troubleshooting and identifying roof leak and roof material issues as a result of solar installation, documenting the proposed solutions & executing the needed repairs.
The damage resolution crew is a team of 2 that together has the necessary roofing, PV, and electrical experience to solve roof leak and roof material issues as a result of solar installation. The goal of this crew is a one-stop roof resolution; including removing of necessary modules, roof fix(s) completed, and closing work with tested PV system, up and running. Damage resolution crews will utilize their core competency of focusing on roof repairs and making VSLR installations water tight.
Key Job Duties:
- Primary duty will be small roof repairs to make VSLR installs water tight
- Meet with the customers & investigate their damage claim
- Troubleshoot the customer's concerns and determine if Vivint Solar is at fault
- Report Findings to management with recommended solution
- Communicate effectively with the customer the proposed next steps
- Execute the scope of work proposed
- Document and report the disposition of the services completed to customer & management
- Keep service van stocked properly with appropriate materials
- Ensure the quality of the service performed is top notch and fully code compliant
- Keep the job site clean and clear of debris
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 2 years experience as an Residential PV Foreman
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Understand and have a command of local utility and AHJ requirements surround Residential PV systems installed by Vivint Solar
- Ability to climb ladder, squat, kneel and work bent over for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Work on multiple roof types such as comp shingle, rolled comp, tile and more
- Communication skills necessary to explain to customers to root cause and plan to resolve damage claims
- Able to fill out online forms such as damage assessment
- Writing skills necessary to fill out necessary forms including damage assessments
- 5+ years experience with residential roofing
- 3+ years experience with residential PV installation
- State Certified Electrician
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.Company Description Vivint Solar is a leading full-service residential solar provider in the United States. With Vivint Solar, customers can power their homes with clean, renewable energy and typically achieve significant financial savings. Offering integrated residential solar solutions for the entire customer lifecycle, Vivint Solar designs, installs, monitors and services the solar energy systems for its customers. In addition to being able to purchase a solar energy system outright, customers may benefit from Vivint Solar's affordable, flexible financing options or power purchase agreements. For more information, visit or on Twitter.