Field Support Engineer
Mirion Technologies is seeking a Field Support Engineer to support the department and company objectives for premier customer service through the provision of hands on equipment installation, troubleshooting and repair as well as training for customer technical personnel with a commitment to a growing $4M+ Exelon/CENG Fleet Customer Assurance Plan (CAP).
?? Hands on equipment troubleshooting and repair in the field.
?? Customer support in the installation, modification, training, consulting and repair of complex computer based nuclear research instrumentation.
?? Provide engineering and consulting support for nuclear power plants, laboratories, educational and homeland security customers.
?? Training for the end user, and technical personnel, on Canberra's various product lines. The provision of training will include the basics of operation and routine maintenance for the end user; and expand for technical personnel to include theory of operation, design and disassembly, as well as handling common and complex diagnoses and troubleshoot of the various Canberra products.
?? Training will typically require presentations, product demonstrations, and hands-on instruction, and will cover the US and global locations.
?? Maintain good customer relations and customer satisfaction by serving as the company liaison on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
?? Complete and maintain detailed records of all technical problems using the company's database.
?? Support the product improvement lifecycle with objective evidence of product performance in the field.
?? Responsible for regional business development efforts in coordination with other team members to secure new support contracts and other growth opportunities.
?? Create, maintain and update technical literature on the platform.
?? Exceed expectations supporting the Exelon Fleet CAP.
- Physical ability to see, hear, talk, walk, stand for long periods of time, use tools, keyboards and controls, ability to lift and move 100 pounds.
- Ability to travel by automobile and/or airplane. Expected travel will be 60%-80% out of
immediate home location.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electronics and or Nuclear Engineering
- 1-3 years' experience in the Nuclear Electronics field
- 1-3 years' experience in computer technology
- 1-3 years' experience supporting electronics and nuclear related field
- 1-3 years' experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access ..)
- Well disciplined, self-starter with an enthusiastic entrepreneurial spirit.
- Good working knowledge of nuclear physics and electronics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate well and work closely with highly skilled customers
- Ability to analyze system malfunctions and executes corrective actions
- Ability to work in a solo environment, take necessary actions to resolve complex problems
- Properly represent the company in dealings with customers and be responsible for customer satisfaction
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely reports
- Ability to type at least 30-40 wpm
Company Description Mirion Technologies has over 60 years of experience protecting people, property and the environment from the harmful effects of ionizing radiation. In partnership with our customers in nuclear power plants, military and civil defense agencies, hospitals, universities, national labs, and other specialized industries, Mirion Technologies strives to deliver cutting edge products and services that constantly evolve based on the changing needs of our customers.
Combining state of the art technology with exceptional customer service, Mirion Technologies is dedicated to providing an unmatched experience in radiation detection and instrumentation. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals across all functions who share our passion for technology, excellence and innovation.
Our culture is team-based and progressive. If you are a highly motivated professional with experience in the nuclear, medical, or health physics professions, Mirion may be the place to make a difference. We are always looking for top talent in all business areas!
At the core of Mirion Technologies is a dedicated team with unmatched expertise and experience. The Company is well positioned to extend its global franchise and will continue to maintain a technology leadership position through innovative products and solutions.
To protect people, property and the environment from nuclear and radiological hazards, by applying our unsurpassed knowledge of detection, measurement and analysis technologies
Integrity - We uphold both the letter and the spirit of all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
Commitment - We are committed to our stakeholders: customers, employees, and shareholders- each of whom is critical to Mirion's success. We provide:
Customers with high quality products and services, responsiveness, and value;
Employees with opportunities for advancement, training, and a positive culture; and
Shareholders with continued growth and prudent capital management.
Accountability - We meet commitments to our stakeholders in a disciplined, process-oriented fashion and accept clear accountability for our actions.
Innovation - We are creative and entrepreneurial in all aspects of our business, in order to ensure that our market leadership in extended well into the future.
Respect - We value teamwork, open communication, intellectual honesty and candor. When we fall short of our commitments, we learn from our failures, with a clear focus on the situation not on the individual.