Campus Security Officer
We are seeking a Security Officers to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned college campus as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrols assigned site on foot, mountain bike or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Must have a flexible availability, including off-shifts and weekends
- 2 years of previous military or security experience
- Valid CT driver's license & clean driving record
- Must be physically fit to ride a mountain bike
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Reliable means of communication (telephone number where you can be reached)
- Valid CT Guard Card
- Must be 18 years or older by time of appointment
- Have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Possess a High school diploma or GED
- Willing to participate in pre-employment drug screen and background investigation
- Able to meet minimum state guard licensing requirements
EOE - AAP M/F/D/VCompany Description A global knowledge leader in security, Securitas delivers the most effective security solutions by offering customized solutions that include specialized guarding, technology solutions and consulting and investigations. From local stores to international airports, our 335,000 employees are making a difference.
With branch locations in over 200 cities nationwide, Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States. We offer on-site, mobile and remote guarding as well as corporate risk management.
As a leader in the security industry Securitas offers employees the opportunity to grow with the company and advance to other positions. We equip our employees with the tools, mentoring and training they need to develop as security officers and progress into more operational or senior security positions. Many people in our company started their careers as security officers.
Specialized Training Opportunities
At Securitas USA we believe that our successful future will be achieved by supporting the development of our people's skills. Proper recruitment, extensive training and ongoing coaching are the tenets of a team that works better, harder and with the best results. We strive to help our employees develop to their full potential in our industry.